With inflation reaching historic highs...
隨着通貨膨脹率達到歷史高位……
"Inflation Emergency..." "Prices jumped 8.6 percent..."
「通貨膨脹進入緊急狀況..…」 「價格上漲了8.6%……」
The grocery store is a good place to start reducing your spending if you do it the right way.
方法正確的話,雜貨店是一個開始減少開支的好地方。
One piece of advice:
一條建議是:
Don't just grab anything and everything at the supermarket.
不要隨便在超市里買各種東西。
Avoid impulse buying.
避免衝動購物。
To save money and reduce waste, experts suggest coming up with a weekly meal plan.
為了省錢和減少浪費,專家建議制定每周進餐計劃。
In other words buy only what you need.
換句話說,只買你需要的東西。
"What's the number one thing shoppers can do in store to save money?"
「要想省錢,購物者在商店裡能做的第一件事是什麼?」
"If you're shopping in store, you want to shop.
「如果你在商店購物,你會想要買東西。
You need circular.
你需要宣傳單。
You want to be flexible.
你想靈活購買。
You want a meal plan around things that are on sale.
你想圍繞打折商品制定用餐計劃。
And you basically want to use this as your guide to what you're eating that week."
你基本上是想將這個作為你那一周吃什麼的參考標準。
Here at Stop & Shop in the Bronx, they're discounting food and produce that are nearing their expiration date via an app called FlashFood.
在布朗克斯的Stop & Shop,他們正通過一款名為FlashFood的應用程序對即將過期的食品和農產品打折。
"So you find some stuff...
「所以,如果你找到了一些東西……
You find some really discounted produce or groceries on the app.
你能在應用程序上找到一些真正在打折的農產品或雜貨。
What happens from here?"
之後怎麼操作呢?」
"Pay for it through the app.
「通過這款應用程序支付。
And then after you've paid for it, it's in your cart.
你付了錢之後,它就在你的購物車裡了。
You come pick it up anytime that day."
那天任何時候你都可以來取。
"So this is that box of avocados and tomatoes."
「這就是那箱牛油果和番茄。」
"Yeah. Exactly."
「是啊。沒錯。」
"Look at how many you get.
「看看有多少。
That's gonna be five dollars."
這一共得要五美元。」
Also when you're buying produce, remember this:
另外,當你購買農產品時,請記住這一點:
Get what's in season.
買當季的東西。
Out of season fruits and veggies are usually from out of state.
反季節的水果和蔬菜通常來自州外。
And that drives up the cost.
這就推高了成本。
Buy frozen veggies for two reasons.
購買冷凍蔬菜有兩個原因。
It's frozen at peak ripeness.
它在成熟峰期被冷凍起來。
So they have more nutrients.
所以它們富含更多的營養。
And they won't spoil.
而且它們不會變質。
"Even though, this is a giant package of ground beef here, right?
「儘管如此,這是一大包碎牛肉,對吧。
There's no way you're going to eat all this for your family.
你家裡人不可能一下全都吃掉。
So take it home, divide it up, freeze it, save it for later."
所以把它買回家,分塊包好,冷凍起來,留着以後吃。」
Other tips:
其他建議:
Inventory your pantry.
清點你的儲藏室。
So you don't double buy.
不要重複購買。
Shop online.
在網上購物。
It keeps you from impulse buying.
它能讓你避免衝動消費。
Small things that could lead to big savings.
小建議能省下大錢。
素材來源:Youtube