close

(滑動查看雙語字幕)

When I was a kid, I used to live in a predominantly white neighborhood: mostly Portuguese, Italians and Polish.

當我還是個孩子的時候,我曾經住在一個以白人為主的社區:大部分是葡萄牙人、意大利人和波蘭人。

Having only lived in Canada for a few years, I was still getting used to the different cultures that made up my school.

在加拿大住的那幾年我還是沒有適應學校完全不同的文化氛圍。

And as a kid, I gotta admit I became self-conscious of the exotic foods that I brought for my classmate to see.

作為一個小孩子,我帶到學校的食物和大家的都不一樣,有時我會感到很難堪。

You know, I'd take out my rice and chicken adobo, or literally, what I'd normally eat at home for lunch, but in a packed container.

我經常帶一些米飯和雞肉什麼的,就是一些我在家裡吃的午餐,放在餐盒裡。

And then you got my classmates bringing their Lunchables, like it's cheese and crackers, with processed ham.

然後我同學帶的午餐都是一些奶酪和餅乾,還有火腿什麼的。

And sometimes they put in a chocolate bar, like, what?

有時他們還會帶一塊巧克力棒。哇啊,這都是啥啊?

Though it seemed like a meal to them, it didn't for me.

雖然對他們來說這就是一頓飯了,但對我來說並非如此。

But vice versa.

反之亦然。

They thought I was weird too.

他們也覺得我很奇怪。

My biggest concerns though revolved around the snacks I brought.

不過,大家最好奇的還是我帶的零食。

You see, there's this Filipino snack called sweet corn.

比如說,菲律賓有一種小吃叫甜玉米。

And it has an uncanny resemblance to corn pops.

它和爆米花很像。

I brought some to school one day in a sandwich bag.

有一天,我把一些甜玉米放在三明治袋裡帶到了學校。

And a classmate came up to me and excitedly asked: Hey, can I have some?

一位同學走過來,興奮地問我:嘿,我能吃點嗎?

I love those!

我喜歡這個!

And in my head, I'm like: Wow, my non-Filipino classmate is not only aware of this Filipino snack, but enjoys consuming it like I do?

當時我想的就是:哇,我的非菲律賓同學不僅知道這種菲律賓小吃,而且像我一樣喜歡吃它?

Nice!

太棒了!

She reaches in, takes a handful, and stuffs them in her mouth, chews for two seconds, and immediately changes her expression to disgust and regret.

她把手伸進去,拿了一把,塞進嘴裡,咀嚼了兩秒鐘,然後表情變成了厭惡和後悔。

Ew, ew, eww!

嘔!

What is this?

這是什麼?

Uh, sweet corn.

呃,甜玉米。

I thought it was corn pops.

我還以為是爆米花呢!

Ew, ew, it's disgusting.

啥味兒啊,太噁心了。

You're disgusting.

這東西真噁心。

In later occasions, more classmates would repeat the same mistake even after being warned.

之後,還是有很多同學找我要吃的,就算我警告他們也不管用。

Oh dude, I love those!

哦,我喜歡這個!

Are you sure?

真的嗎?

I don't think it's what you think it is.

我不認為這是你想的那種食物。

No, no, corn pops, right?

不,不,是爆米花,對吧?

No no no no, sweet corn.

不,是甜玉米。

Yeah, yeah, sweet corn pops.

是啊,是啊,甜甜的爆米花嘛,我知道的。

Whatever.

無所謂啦。

Can I have some?

我能吃點嗎?

Ugh, ew!

啊,嘔!

You didn't listen.

你剛剛是不是根本沒聽我說話?

Honestly, they probably only found it gross.

老實說,他們可能只是覺得味道很奇怪。

Because it's not what they presumed it to be.

因為這和他們想象的不一樣。

The same thing happened when I brought those shrimp chips too.

當我帶蝦片到學校時,同樣的事情又上演了。

Oh man, can I have a French fry?

哦,天哪,我能吃一點這個炸薯條嗎?

It's, they're not fries.

這不是薯條。

Don't lie, those are totally fries.

切,這不是薯條是什麼?

I'm not.

不是!

I'm really not.

真的不是。

Ewww, ew eww.

嘔!嘔!嘔!

The fuck did I just say, ya little bitch?

他喵的我剛才不是說了嗎,你是聽不見嗎?

素材來源:Youtube


arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 鑽石舞台 的頭像
    鑽石舞台

    鑽石舞台

    鑽石舞台 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()